Independent Allergy Reports
Dr John Weiner and Associates
Dr John Weiner is a Consultant Allergist in Melbourne. He currently sees patients referred by GPs (70%) and other specialists (30%). He has over 30 years experience of preparing reports involving work cover issues, clinical negligence and personal injury claims. He has prepared many independent expert reports and he has read and adheres to the Code of Conduct and Overarching Obligations for Expert Witnesses
Clinical expertise includes (but is not limited to):
- Food intolerance
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Urticaria and Angioedema
- Work-related allergy syndromes
- Eczema and contact allergies of the skin
- Hay fever, Rhinitis and Chronic Sinusitis
- Allergy tests including skin tests, laboratory tests and challenge tests
- Recurrent illness of uncertain cause for exclusion of allergic or immune origin
- Allergy, including inhalant allergens, food, venom, drug and occupational reactions
- Allergy treatments including drug treatments, allergen immunotherapy and sublingual immunotherapy
- Chronic illness attributed to environmental causes, including ‘sick building syndrome’, ‘multiple chemical sensitivity’ and ‘idiopathic environmental intolerance’
- Reports are typically produced within 2 weeks of the requested clinical consultation or review of a clinical file – Hourly fee available on request.
Dr Weiner is a Medical Practitioner in Australia registered by AHPRA. His basic medical degree is MBBS (University of Melbourne)
He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP), a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA), and a Member of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA).
- Fellow, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC, USA
- Director of Pathology, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash University, Melbourne
- Attending Physician, Allergy Clinics, Alfred Hospital and St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- Visiting Allergist, Alice Springs Hospital, Northern Territory, Australia
- Visiting Allergist, Joint Defence Facility at Pine Gap, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
- Co-Editor of Ask the Expert website for the World Allergy Organisation, answering questions from world colleagues.
Dr Weiner has over 70 publications with over 2600 citations, mostly on allergic diseases. A full CV is available on request. He continues to see patients referred by GPs and specialists and occasionally consults to Medical Panels, Victoria.